2019 was a dream run for me. Traveling, cooking, hiking, coding, mentoring and organizing filled me with tons of joy and made my year beautiful ❤️. An overview of my year is here.
January – March
- Stepped into an airplane for the first time from Santacruz Airport (Chhatrapati Shivaji airport) to Cochin Airport.
- Created a model to recognize depth images using tensor flow and ML algorithms in i_hack at IIT Bombay.
- I had a fun time with friends and visited many of India’s famous monument & Iconic structures Gateway of India, Hotel Taj, and Marine Drive.
- Contributed to Mediawiki extensions and fixed a good number of bugs.
- Organized “Dive into OpenSource” workshop in Vidyut 2k19 and delivered a talk on different ways to contribute to MediaWiki software.
- A long ride to Anantha Padmanabha Swamy temple, Trivandrum with grandparents.
April – June
- I got into Google Summer of Code 2019 and started working on VideoCutTool, a tool to cut and crop videos in Wikimedia commons on the fly.
- Attended the Wikimedia Hackathon at Prague’s National Library of Technology — participated in various talks and contributed to the VideoCutTool.
- Visited Salzburg (Austria), Venice (Italy), Munich (Germany). This gave me lots of international experience. Learned to spend euros instead of rupees 😀
- Attended the Mediawiki Technical Training at Jayamahal Palace, Bengaluru.
July – September
- Attended “Data Mining and BI for the applications of the cybersecurity” summer school program at Ben-Gurion University, Israel.
- Prepared food myself all the month in Israel 😛
- Tasting Israel foods, falafel and hummus was my all-time favorite, David waterfalls, dead-sea, Jerusalem, Tel-Avi, Haifa port and Jaffa street filled me with lots of joy.
- Explored Checkpoint, Variant, and IBM technical projects in cyber security field by visiting those companies in Israel.
- Successfully completed the Google Summer of Code 2019 and deployed the VideoCutTool tool on the Wikimedia toolforge.
- Conducted a 3-day technical workshop at VVIT WikiConnect on MediaWiki training 2019.
- Turned 20, so special and the most memorable day of the year.
October – December
- Mountain Safari, waterfalls and visited various places in Chikmangalor, Bangalore-ISRO, Mysore, and Wayanad as a part of Industrial visit with my classmates.
- Organizing Wikimedia’s participation in Google Code-in 2019 as an administrator at Wikimedia Foundation.
- Organizing amFOSS Developer Challenge (amDeC) with our open-source team FOSS@Amrita.
Working on open source projects, research projects and completing my academics in all of one year was a big blast for me, That’s the end of the year, Wishing to continue with the same spirit in upcoming years and hoping 2020 brings us lots of happiness and joy.
Thanks Srishti Sethi for motivating me to to document annual work 😀 Happy New Year 2020 !!
Subscribe to Gopa's-Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox